Farmers Market Information
Purpose: To provide fresh, local produce directly from farmers to employees, visitors, and residents. Kendall Square Cambridge is home to a variety of pharmaceutical companies including Genzyme, Vertex, Momenta, sanofi, Biogen, as well as many others. Hotels, office buildings, restaurants, and residence towers all bring thousands to Kendall Square each day. MIT is only minutes away with a population of over 20,000 students and faculty. A mecca of shopping at the Cambridgeside Galleria is in walking distance. Kendall Square boasts a community of health conscious individuals who believe in supporting local farmers and natural foods. We invite YOU to participate in the 2012 Farmers Market @ Kendall Square
Demographics of Kendall Square
Kendall Square is the center of biotech research, between MIT and thriving East Cambridge.
In a One Mile Radius:
- Population 46,317
- Daytime Population 110,028
- Households 20,961
- Average Household Income $98,739
- % of population with household income over $50k – 45%
- Bachelor Degree or better 58%
- Median Age 32
Location:Kendall Square – 500 Kendall Street
Off of Third Street and Athenaeum Street, Cambridge, MA 02142
Landmarks: Genzyme World Headquarters, Watermark Residence Towers featuring 320 luxury units, 2 blocks from the Kendall T Station, Seasonal Kendall Square Community Ice Skating Rink, Charles River canoe & Kayak, Kendall Square Concert Series, Walking distance to the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall, Convenient parking either on street or at the Kendall Garage.
Season Start: Thursday, June 7th to Thursday, September 27th, 2012
Time and Dates:The market will be held every Thursday (rain or shine) 11:00am until 2:00pm. A Market Manager will be on site. Set up: 10:00am; Breakdown: 2:00pm
We will also be holding Saturday markets from 10:00am - 3:00pm: June 16, July 21 and August 18. A Market Manager will be on site. Set up: 9:00am; Breakdown: 3:00pm.
Fees: Seasonal rates are $50 for a 10 x 10 feet space, or $100 for a 20 x 10 feet space
The farmers’ market @ Kendall Square will notify you if you have been selected with a confirmation email. when notified, please make checks payable to Kendall Square Corporation.
What the Farmers’ Market @ Kendall Square will provide:
- 10’x10’ Space
- Limited Storage
- Water Source
- Dumpster for trash
- Public Bathrooms
- Marketing Campaign
- Market Manager
How we will promote the Kendall Square market:
- Part of the lunch-time concert series held each Thursday (now in its fourth year).
Advertising Campaign. We are committed to hosting a successful farmers market
- MBTA Station Advertising
- Advertisements in local papers
- Large street banner on Third Street
- Flyers / Posters / Postcards / Sandwich Boards
- Grassroots marketing campaign reaching out to select venues and organizations to increase awareness.
- Email Campaigns reaching tens of thousands of area employees
- Social Media: Kendall Square blog, Facebook & Twitter pages
- Partnership with community groups and
- Market Manager with devoted time to promotion and marketing campaign
You will need to provide:
- Tables and display for items
- 10’ x 10’ white Tent
- Set up and breakdown
- Signage for your product and farm